April 8, 2020
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are expecting food insecurity to increase in coming weeks as many people in our community may be going without wages. During this time, we are committed to our partnership with Western Fairfax Christian Ministries, who helps with food insecurity in Fairfax County. Expand for more details.
Purchase what you'd like from the list and donate using one of the options below by April 12th:
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, beef, turkey)
- Canned soups and pasta (ravioli, spaghetti, mac & cheese)
- Quick fix meals (Hamburger Helper)
- Canned vegetables & fruit
- Cereal (any kind, no family sizes)
- Dried beans
- Mashed potatoes
- Peanut butter and nut butters
- Spaghetti sauce
- Rice (bags and boxes of flavored rice)
- Dry beans
3 Ways You Can Donate:
Use Instacart, Amazon Prime Delivery or another grocery delivery service of your choosing to have donations delivered to the church (4600 Brookfield Corporate Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151) during our normal business hours (Monday - Thursday from 9am - 5pm and Friday from 9am - 1pm).
Order and ship food items to the WFCM office using the Amazon wish list on www.wfcmva.org (Please follow their instructions).
Drop donations off at the front door of the church (4600 Brookfield Corporate Drive) Monday through Friday during business hours (You will not be able to enter the building)
HOW TO WATCH OUR SERVICES ONLINE
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of the online church experience:
Join us for Church Online to watch the services on Sunday at 8:45am, 10:45am and 12:45pm and on Wednesdays at 7:15pm.
We have a page on our website dedicated to everything you need for Church Online -- the service video, giving, a way to get connected, prayer, and more.
From gracecov.org select 'Watch Us Live' at the top of the page during one of our service times on Sundays at 8:45am, 10:45am or 12:45pm, and Wednesdays at 7:15pm.
You can also use this link to watch: https://www.gracecov.org/chantilly/watch-live
With Church Online you’ll enjoy a service just like any Sunday or Wednesday: You’ll also be greeted virtually by our hosts who would love to connect with you! They’ll be available to pray with you, chat about the service and answer any questions you may have.
When we start we’ll have worship followed by a special message by one of our pastors. And, you can still give using the Pushpay app or by texting “GCC” to 25827.
You can also access watch our services on YouTube (gracecovVA) and through the gracecov app (download in your app store).
HOW TO PREPARE FOR CHURCH ONLINE
- Decide which service you will watch. We have three options to watch on Sundays at 8:45am, 10:45am or 12:45pm and you can join us at 7:15pm on Wednesdays.
- Invite your friends and family. Text or email the link below to family and friends and plan to watch at the same time:
- Limit your distractions. Avoid doing other things while you watch so you can keep the main thing, the main thing.
- Prepare to give. Use the Pushpay app or text “GCC” to 25827 and follow the prompts.
- Take notes. Grab a journal or notebook so you can write down sermon notes and what God is speaking to you.
- Reflect and share. Share your favorite verses and notes from the service, links and social media posts from @gracecov on your social media channels. Tag us so we can follow you.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED AND ENCOURAGED?
We believe the church doesn't just happen on Sunday - but all week long. So make sure you are following us on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. We are posting new content every day - we're calling it Daily Grace. Daily Grace includes Devotionals from Ps Brett, Video Devotionals from other pastors as well, guided prayers, activities for you and your kids, and all sorts of other content we want you to engage with. So check us out on those platforms!
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
Is the church office still open?
Our church is still open during our regular business hours:
We encourage you to call our office at 703-318-7073 or email us at before stopping in as we are following the practical guidance from the CDC for social distancing. In an effort to keep you safe, you will not be able to enter the building.
How can I find out what's going on at Grace?
Are classes and small groups still meeting?
Almost all of our classes and small groups have moved to a virtual meeting. Please check with your ministry leader to see how to get connected. Email for help.
Can I still give?
Though we won't be meeting in-person for services, here is a link (below) that you can use for your tithes and offerings. This will allow your worshipful giving and our care for our community to continue uninterrupted.
What if I need help?
Also, here's a list of resources for families by county:
- Fairfax County
- Loudoun County
- Prince William County
- Fauquier County
- Western Fairfax Christian Ministries
HOW CAN I PRAY?
Our Prayer Points:
- Pray for PROTECTION (Psalm 91) - for self, family, church, coworkers, and anyone on the frontlines to be kept safe from infection
- Pray for PROVISION - that God will provide
- Pray for our LEADERS to have heavenly wisdom as they make decisions (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
Other resources to help you stay healthy and informed:
We encourage you to follow Centers for Disease Control and prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH) guidelines on preventing the spread of germs and respiratory diseases. Recommendations from the CDC are to stay home when possible, to practice social distancing, and to follow all CDC and VDH guidelines for prevention of the virus.
Additional recommendations include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-percent alcohol if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home from work if possible if you are ill, especially if you have a fever or cough.