Our Awana program will be online from September through December this year and we'll re-evaluate and discuss with our leadership team what the spring semester will look like. We are all VERY excited about what the Fall online program will be. It is going to be a family style program that will include a game, large group time and family small group time! More details will be rolled out as the time gets closer, but we think you are going LOVE IT!!
AWANA is a membership organization that seeks to give children sound Biblical training through scripture memorization, games and a presentation of the gospel. AWANA stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" and is taken from 2 Timothy 2:15. AWANA Clubbers can earn patches and pins, which are worn on their uniforms, by memorizing scripture and completing sections of their handbook. GCC offers the following clubs:
- Puggles for 2 year olds - (Must be 2 by 9/30/20) (On hiatus while in online mode)
- Cubbies for 3 and 4 year olds (must be 3 by 9/30/20)
- Sparks for Kindergarten through 2nd graders
- T&T for 3rd through 6th graders.
- Trek/Journey curriculum: for middle school and high school students
When does AWANA meet?
We will meet on Monday evenings virtually. Our first day will be Monday, September 14, 2020. The club will conclude on Monday, May 10, 2021. While virtual, the program will start at 7:00 p.m. and end at 8:00 p.m.
What is the registration cost and what does it cover?
Regular registration (3yrs old – 18 yrs old): $80/child
Registration covers a uniform (vest or shirt), curriculum books, end-of-year celebration, Awana Store, all awards given during the year and an admin fee.
What will each evening entail?
The evening is divided into three portions:
HANDBOOK TIME: allows the children to recite verses they have learned at home to adult listeners and show other progress they have made in their handbooks.
GAME TIME: offers a chance for the children to have fun, while practicing good sportsmanship and manners.
COUNCIL TIME: a large group format where the children learn from the Bible and how it can affect their own life.
PARENT INVOLVEMENT - Our club is run entirely by volunteers. During the fall Awana Online, we ask parents to commit to a family Awana Guided Devotional meal (preferably dinner) once a week in addition to participating in the Awana Family Zoom Night each Monday evening. If and when in-person Awana resumes, parents will be REQUIRED to serve at least two Mondays per month (every Monday for Puggle and Cubbie parents). Parents will be contacted by email with their volunteer assignments. Select the area you would like to volunteer during registration.
BACKGROUND CHECKS - It is GCC policy to perform a background check for all persons who work with children in any capacity. Background checks will be initiated prior to the start of Awana in September. At that time you will receive an email from Verified First, the company GCC uses to complete the background check. Acknowledge your intent to participate in the background check during registration.
LIABILITY – We realize that no activity is without possibility of unforeseen hazards which could result in injury to an individual. As a parent or guardian, you are to be aware of your responsibility to instruct your child of the importance of conduct which will insure a safe and enjoyable time while participating in this activity. Please read and acknowledge the following release during registration. By electronically signing this form, you, as parent, guardian, or other responsible party, agree to the following:
- You assume the risks and hazards which are inherent in this kind of activity.
- You also agree to absolve and hold harmless the sponsoring organizations and representatives for damage, loss or injuries to the child for whom you sign.
- You further give your permissions for the use of any photo or likeness of your child to be used by the sponsoring organizations for their use in promotional materials.
- You give your child permission to participate in this activity and give your permission to the leaders of this function to authorize any treatment deemed necessary by a licensed physician due to accident or illness during this activity.
If you have any questions regarding registration or if you would like to set up a payment plan, please email us at .